Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fabric Trash Fabric





I had to trim the blocks for the batik charity quilt to make them all the same size so they would fit better.  When I saw those little sliver trimmings, I decided that rather than throwing them into the trash, I would make new fabric out of them.  I took a fusible sheet and laid all the trimmings on them. Yes, I did have to add some of my own fabric trimmings, but my fabric trash can is pretty generous like that.


The plan was to make another animal quilt, to go with the llama and the elephant.  There are lots of scraps left so I may have to make more shapes to with it them. 

4 comments:

Robin said...

How intriguing. Looks like your fun.

Tanya said...

Clever, clever. Please do a step by step of your animal making process. Your llama was so cute!

Kate said...

A great way to use up those little bitty pieces.

Emily said...

I love this idea! Those are great colors, too!