Thursday, February 27, 2020

Three Pieces of News


I received this lovely piece of hand-dyed cheesecloth from Laura Wasilowski. Thank you, Laura!  I've shown you one of her books here on this blog, Fuse and Tell Journal Quilts. She included a card about New England Quilt Seminars which looks quite fun. Too bad I won't be able to go.


 

The March 2020 issue of Better Homes and Gardens has a article on visible mending by Kim Hutchison. I am happy that the slow stitching movement has been noticed by a mainstream publication. 



I added a butterfly to the quote quilt. I bought a piece of fabric that had butterflies attached to it from the remnant bin at Joann's. It was pretty pricey since it was a whole yard. It is an all white piece, and I decided it was too white for this quilt so I colored it in with fabric markers. It was pretty fast and easy to attach. I also attached some of the flower trims I showed you in the Maximalist post.  I just needed some quick additions to the quilt after the time consuming embroidery of the quote.

4 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your quote quilt is just so cool! I love visible mending!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Testing word verification.

Emily said...

Love that butterfly! Great touch, and I love knowing that you colored it in.

Kate said...

The butterfly is a very colorful and fun addition.