Tuesday, June 8, 2021

2021: Week 23 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

 

 

2021:  Week 23 of 15 Minutes to Stitch


If you recall from my last post, the Amalfi Coast quilt changed sizes between the time I was measuring and cutting the inner border fabric and the time I sewed that inner border fabric to the side of the quilt. I put the Amalfi Coast quilt on a timeout because it needed some time to think about what it had done. By the way, Barbara Brackman did a post about the quilt block. Apparently it is called housetop and not rooftop, so it is a good thing I am calling the quilt Amalfi Coast.

While it is in timeout, I have focused my attention on the Quote Quilt. I have been reading Rhonda Dort's instructions on how to make a hexagon crazy quilt and she recommended a particular kind of stabilizer, which I bought for that quilt. I haven't started the hexagon crazy quilt or the million other quilts I want to start because of my lack of time, and because there still have enough momentum in the quilts that have already been started to continue to move them along.

 


 

Anyway, I decided to add some of that stabilizer to the back of the heavier parts of the Quote quilt - the booklet and the quilter. I need to sew more of it to secure it on before sandwiching. I also made the decision to use a dark blue backing fabric instead of the sheet/interfacing combination I have already prepared. That sheet which already has the interfacing fused on will become a Kawandi quilt once I am ready to start new projects.


15 minute days this week --2 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 142 out of 157 days
Success rate  = 90%
 

What a big drop from 93% to 90%! Last year at this time, I was at 91%, so I am not too far behind. My work schedule is dramatically opening up again so I don't think I will have any trouble with catching up.


Linked with:

15 Minutes to Stitch



2 comments:

Sandy said...

Quilts sometimes have a mind of their own (Amalfi Coast). You have such interesting and varied projects. I look forward to seeing how they all progress. Your photos are lovely. Mmmm … cherries!

Kate said...

Amalfi Coast definitely deserves a time out. Sorry work has been so busy, glad to hear it may be slowing down again. You've still got a great success rate at finding time to stitch. Love the flower photos, very pretty! Hope you get in more stitching time this week.