Monday, June 14, 2021

2021: Week 24 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

 



The weeks are going by so fast.  In week 24, I worked on the backing for the Quote quilt. I had made the decision in week 23 to use a dark blue backing and had chosen a couple of batik pieces that would work.



 This week, I looked again in the closet and found a different blue backing fabric that I liked better. This fabric is wider so will require less piecing, and I think it fits the theme and age of the quilt better.

 


 

2021:  Week 24 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

I spent the week choosing, washing, drying and pressing the new backing fabric. I thought I would have the backing ready this week, but I had more appliances breakdown, the dishwasher, the oven, and the internet, so finding workarounds took a lot of my "free" time. I am still taking full credit this week to be kinder to myself.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 149 out of 164 days
Success rate  = 91%
 



Linked with:

15 Minutes to Stitch



6 comments:

Kyle said...

Glad you found a new backing, but sorry about having to go appliance shopping.

Sandy said...

Good grief! Hopefully you’ll be in good shape appliance wise for a while. Will you be hand quilting the quote quilt?

Janie said...

'To be kinder to myself,' that is a good word! Thanks for the reminder I needed to hear that.
Your nature photos are inspiring too.
I hope the appliances get sorted out and behave soon, I understand!

Kate said...

Love your photographs. You've been out and about in addition to dealing with those work arounds. Sometime you just have to cut yourself a break. Hope this week was better on all fronts.

Tanya said...

Arrgh! Appliances (especially the Internet) breaking down are just the pits!

Isn't it fun to discover usable fabric, and a large piece at that, in one's closet!

O'Quilts said...

I look forward to your photographs too.