I made a new, polka-dotted, mask. This one combines the two that I had saved for me. The yellow one is almost rectangular shape that uses four straps, and has darts on the top and bottom to add dimension. The result still goes straight across the face from the nose, resulting in steamed glasses. The animal fabric is more comfortable, but it has a seam in the middle which may leave holes for virus to get through and has more pieces to sew together. I thought that if I could cut the shape more curved, I might be able to make it without a center seam. I used the pattern for the almost rectangle, and cut out the curves based on the curved pattern.
This red one was a fail because although it looks like it fits well, the nose part falls down and does not secure over my nose, even when the wire is adjusted. Maybe I should have made the nose part a little wider.
I am sure that I could play with it some more and make a more gentle curve, but I have decided I need to stop finding the best design and just make some masks.
2020: Week 16 of 15 Minutes to Stitch
15 minute days this week -- 7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 110 out of 110 days
Success rate = 100%
Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch