Sunday, April 5, 2020

Weekly Stitching Post

 
I've continued working on the quote quilt this week. I stole this idea of "She withstood the storm" from a Facebook post. The umbrella fabric is used in the drunkard's path quilt and the dress fabric is used in the yo-yos. I will embroider the words and work more on her hair and the boat.


This design is from the book I recently reviewed on my High Road Reader blog.


I made this bird a while ago, but don't think I have shown it yet. It is more subtle than most of the motifs so hopefully will provide a nice surprise to someone who discovers it.


This is a helping-hand, hand-on-heart, pledge-of-allegiance-hand, and not a talk-to-the-hand, keep-your-distance hand. I like that it looks like it has mehndi on it.

2020:  Week 14 of 15 Minutes to Stitch


I didn't have any employment this week, so I worked on the quote quilt.

15 minute days this week -- 7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 96 out of 96 days
Success rate  = 100%

Linked with:
15 Minutes to Stitch

8 comments:

Kate said...

Love all the additions to the Quote quilt. You got a lot done, those add ons take a good bit of time. Thanks for linking up to the 15 minutes to stitch. Stay well and stitch on!

Joyful Quilter said...

Your quilt is becoming a diary. Imagine the memories it will evoke in 10 years when you look at the quilt. Love your new additions.

Julierose said...

I think this quote quilt is really lovely..what a fabulous project.
amazing work ~ ~ ~ waving from my home to yours Julierose;)))

Kim said...

This quilt is becoming more whimsical and exquisite with each visit. 'She' is very sweet. I would imagine one could look at your quote quilt for a very long time, discovering sweet stitching and the time capsule feeling of the quotes.

cspoonquilt said...

I love all the figures you are putting into the quilt! The wind blown lady with the umbrella is very cute!! take care!

Emily said...

I really love this, makes me want to start something similar. (No, not another project!) I love the bird around the Eleanor Roosevelt quote especially.

A bird in the hand said...

Lovely project. Well done!

Ali Honey said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I see you have been busy and think they a great idea. Stay safe.