Thursday, January 14, 2016

Next Item to Finish


The next item I have decided to work on is this quilt. It is already sandwiched and I've hand quilted about 3/4ths of it. I've even made the binding, so finishing it up shouldn't take too long.  Wanda says I have until the end of the month to get it done. 

It is Moldy Cheese and Crackers. I'm not going to show you the front now so there will be a little bit of suspense at the finish, but if you look back on my blog, I'm sure you will be able to see what it looks like.

I have decided I am not going to over-analyze which quilt I will work on next. Just grab the first one and get it done.  I like doing the ones that are already sandwiched though, because they will make a bigger impact in clearing the space and because I have run out of usable safety pins, and if I work on quilts that are using them, I will be able to finally get them back. I have plenty of safety pins, so I'm not buying any new ones!

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'll be watching.........

Janie said...

You've decided 'not to over analyze',good choice!
I like your style, especially your 4Improv quilt, Wow!

Lisa J. said...

i'm liking the way you are choosing what to work on. It's sounds like the paper bag method of improv piecing. Just grab whatever ad work with it., and of course it makes sense to use the quilts that are already sandwhiched.

June D said...

What a hoot to name the project 'Moldy Cheese and Crackers'. Waiting for the reveal! : )

Kaja said...

What a great name for a quilt! Good luck getting it finished, and reclaiming your safety pins.