Saturday, January 19, 2013

We're Buying a New House!

Before I get to the big news, I want to let you know that my sewing machine is now working again.  I opened the machine from the bottom (the part you aren't supposed to touch if you don't want to lose your warranty) and used a toothbrush to clean out the lint turned the wheel back and forth and whatever was jamming it up is now unjammed.  I was able to sew the binding on my Bridal Wishes quilt, and am now sewing down the other side by hand.  If you recall, I embroidered words on it like "love", "friend", and "joy".  Well I just noticed that "ecstasy" is right in the middle of the quilt.  I apparently was right to use Blushing Bride as name for it then!





On to the big news, my sister has a neighbor who wants to sell her house, and was selling it for a very low price.  She wanted to make sure the house was properly fixed up so the value of her own house doesn't go down.  I have always wanted to buy houses to sell or rent, but didn't think that I would be able to make much money on it since I don't have the manpower or skills to do much of the work. The timing isn't good for me, but I thought that if it was that good a deal, I could make it work.   I would have preferred to take my time to see other houses in the market to find current market values and make sure that this house is appropriately priced for the condition it is in, etc., but my sister already signed the contract!  We are now trying to work out a partnership agreement.   It is going to be a wild ride investing with her and I am sure I am going to learn a lot along the way.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any pics of the house? I’m curious how the house looks like. I trust your sister’s a very good judge of houses. :D In any case, good luck, and have a great time moving.

- Oscar Lang -

Unknown said...

I second Oscar! Interested to see the house too! This will be an exciting year for you. Hope you have a good one! Best wishes! :D

- Kathleen Salazar

Calvin said...

Wow! Your sister must’ve really liked that house for her to buy it instantly. I would have done the same as you planned: to take my time and see other houses in the market. I want choices; it tells me which one is closest to my preferences. And you are right about finding out if a house is properly priced or not by comparing it with other houses on the market. I just hope your sister’s content and happy with her decision!

Calvin Mordarski