Wednesday, April 8, 2026

I Made a Dozen Quilts in a Dozen Weeks

As we were nearing the end of the first quarter at the beginning of last week, I was thinking about how many quilts I had made already an because it was a good number, I made a bigger push to finish even more quilts. I have recorded a show and tell video and am in the process of editing it now. II will publish it on my Quilt and Color YouTube channel when it is finished in a day or two.

I've shown you a lot of finishes here throughout the year, but I haven't shown you all the finishes yet. I will post them here since I always publish my finishes here, but I want to get the video out first.



I finished all four Dresden Plate quilts. 

15 Minutes to Stitch Week 14




After the big rush, I wanted to take a break from quilting, so I didn't quilt on April 1.  Then I remembered that I also want to quilt every day.  With my rules for the 15 Minutes to Quilt challenge, I am allowed to make up the time as long as it is within the same week. So I made up the time, and will say that I have quilted every day. 

The first part of the week was in a finishing frenzy, and the second half of the week was more relaxed, working on a much needed cleaning of the space, and making more sawtooth stars.



  • 15 minute days / March = 31 / 31 days
  • 15 minute days / April = 4 / 4
  • 15 minute days / 2026 = 94 / 94 days
  • Success rate = 100%



Linked with:

15 Minutes to Stitch

3 comments:

Kate said...

That's a pretty impressive milestone for first quarter. Congrats on all the stitching time too. Fingers crossed second quarter is just as productive.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wowza! Good on you! You are amazing! I finally after years and years got my blogger link list working. My aging brain is still determined and trying! Glad to still have you here my dear friend ❤️ 🧡 ❤️

FlourishingPalms said...

Is it difficult to push yourself to quilt everyday? Does that challenge make it seem like work? Just wondering, as I discovered this week that I hadn't quilted anything since last October! I was shocked to realize this. But it also made me understand and appreciate how much I'm enjoying quilting a quilt again. It's been a long time, and happily I haven't forgotten how! Much like riding a bike, I took a few wobbly stitches and then was merrily on my way. Making 12 quilts in 12 weeks is a huge accomplishment. I don't think I have the "umph" in me to make myself do that. I hope you're enjoying it yourself. Quiltmaking is meant to be fun.