Sunday, July 15, 2018

15 Minutes to Stitch Recap


I haven't done much stitching this week. I put the binding on the Star Spangled Banner this week. As usual, I didn't remember to take the reveal photo until it was dark and haven't set up a light to brighten my bulletin board.

Mostly I spent this week cleaning up the living room where I sew and other parts of the visible areas of the house. The living room was clean enough to invite a gathering of relatives. Since then, I also spent some time cleaning up the Cave of Wonders, where the supplies reside.



 

Faced with what seems like an impossible task, a group of folks will do well to remember the African proverb: When spider webs unite they can tie up a lion.
Johnnetta B. Cole 

This spider web is close to the outside hose, and this spider web got wet while I was watering some grass seed I am trying to grow in the back yard. I liked the sparkly suspended water droplets and the shadows they made.

15 Minute sessions of stitching these weeks:  7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year:  182 out of 196 sessions
Success rate: 93%

Last week, I said that cleaning up sewing areas counted as stitching time, and in that regard, I had a successful week of "stitching," and with the help of rounding, was able to bump up my yearly success rate.

Linked to:
15 Minutes to Stitch

3 comments:

Kate said...

The Star Spangled Banner turned out beautifully, the line of stars on the binding is a very nice detail. Congrats on finding time to be productive in your sewing room. Happy stitching this week.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I adore that little quilt!!!! Nice capture of the spider web - I have too many of those INSIDE, lol. This is the spideriest house I've ever seen. It's a constant battle!

Denise :) said...

I really like the way you did the bird on your banner...too cute!! Keep up the great work on your stitching time!!! :)