Why am I showing you these yo-yos made from an English rose cottage garden fabric when I have titled the post 1930s fabric? Well, first of all, I don't really know what 1930s fabric looks like. Then I had a fat quarter pack of fabric that looked like it might fit the 1930s theme, at least Shasta style. I bought two fat quarter packs and this was the other one. I thought these fabrics would fit right in with them since they have a similar pink / blue / green color scheme. So when I started to make the yo-yos, I just grabbed this fat quarter pack and started cutting the circles. This was my on-the-go project that fits easily in the suitcase pocket.
The other project I have been working on is the Seiring genealogy scrapbook. It is a long-term project, just adding a step at a time when I am in the mood. I used my stitchery project on the cover. Might as well get some use out of it. As you recall, I got the kit from the thrift store and it is made out of yarn. I'm bad enough with floss, but I think this adds a sweet old fashioned look to the book, and it feels good too since there are two layers fluffy batting underneath the stitchery.
I haven't added the genealogy material in them, but the pocket pages are sewn in.
I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I came back from my trip. There was a box sitting on the porch. My house sitter hadn't been picking up my mail, so I am glad it was still there! Wendy from The Constant Quilter sent me a big box of fabric for my yo-yo project. This is a set of real 1930s fabrics.
She also sent a big set of reproduction fabrics.Thank you so much for this huge packet! I will be sure to make good use of them.
As you can see, my yo-yo fabrics that look like fabrics that look like 1930s fabrics are a bit off the mark of 1930s theme. I haven't decided yet whether to turn those English garden yo-yos to their own quilt or still incorporate them into a 1930s quilt.
15 Minutes to Stitch: Week 21
Looks like I am farther and farther behind in reporting my stitching progress. I know that I have been cutting circles and sewing yoyos and the genealogy book also involved stitching. Since it has been about a month since I reported, and I am not sure how much stitching I really got in, I will estimate low and say about 50%.
15 Minute sessions of stitching this month: 14 out of 28
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 114 out of 146 sessions
Success Rate: 78%
If I had been keeping better track, maybe I wouldn't see such a big drop from 85% to 78%, but hopefully I will be able to increase my numbers during the rest of the year.
15 Minutes to Stitch
Friday Foto Fun
UFO Busting 63