Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Holiday Getaway

 

 My project at work was ending, and my co-workers were contacting their managers to see if they could get some work on other projects that are going on and coming down the pipeline. It was a busy year and I too asked for more work, but before I got an answer, I went on a getaway. I went away for a couple of days and got a much slower change of pace. I was on the tenth floor so I was able to get a great view of all the neighborhood holiday fireworks.

In case you want to know, I wouldn't recommend getting gallbladder surgery, or any type of surgery actually, as a getaway. The change of pace and the view may be nice, but there may be some drawbacks.

 

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 27, 28

 

 

 

 Before the surgery I made the HSTs for the Jazzy Blues quilt. I used two different half yard fabrics because they are in opposite corners and are part of two different designs in the quilt. I had already started trimming them to size, and after the surgery, I have continued trimming them a few at a time. I don't like the trimming step and thought about starting the next block, but decided I should spend the time thinking about the next fabrics to use for the next block. I have the fabrics selected, but I am deciding which fabric to use for the next block as I go along.

 

15 minute days these two weeks --10 out of 14
15 minute days this year -- 146 out of 191 days
Success rate  = 76%

 


6 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, no! So sorry you needed surgery and had to be in the hospital over the holiday. I hope you're healing well. You didn't say if you had to have your gall bladder removed. If so, I hope the after-effects are minimal for you.

Queeniepatch said...

Poor you! What a way to celebrate the holidays! However, maybe the surgery was better than keeping the problem! I wish you a speedy recovery. Take good care of yourself.

Kyle said...

You tricked us into first thinking you were having a great vacation. Sorry about the surgery. Take it easy.

O'Quilts said...

Sending you peace and health and love. Glad it was a success and that u are on your way again... xoxoxo

Rose said...

Oh, I fell for it hook line and sinker...if only you had had a nice getaway! I know you have been working hard. I hope you are feeling lots better by now. I don't recall the time frame for recovering from gall bladder surgery.

Tanya said...

Oh dear! I hope you are all healed up again. The fireworks might be nice but I'd skip the view if I could skip the surgery. I'm sure your fingers were itching though once you were through the pain....