Sunday, June 26, 2022

Jazzy Blues Blocks

 


I've been cutting, sewing, pressing, counting, cutting, sewing and pressing the last three weeks even though I haven't been posting. I am close to being done with three months worth of blocks in the Aunt Daisy quiltalong. The most time-consuming are the double flying geese, and I just have a few more to make. I don't have enough fabric to make four at a time, but I do have enough to make one at a time ones, and I only need two or three. I have enough quarter square blocks. I haven't counted the four patch, but I cut the number of strips I was told to cut, and sewed them all up, so there may be some extras. The next batch will be HSTs so they will go pretty quickly.

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 22, 25, 26

 

15 minute days these three weeks --21 out of 21
15 minute days this year -- 136 out of 177 days
Success rate  = 77%
 

These three weeks helped increase the rate and hopefully I will be able to increase it even more this summer.

7 comments:

loulee said...

Those look like teeny tiny blocks.
Lovely passion flower.

Joyful Quilter said...

I haven't started the June units...I'm not a big fan of square-in-a-square blocks (or cutting anything 3/8) so I'm going to paper piece mine. I'm determined to get the fabric cut out tonight.

Queeniepatch said...

Hard work, BEAUTIFUL fabric, and a lovely flower as well.
Good luck with the remaining blocks.

Rose said...

So glad to see an uodate... glad you have been having time to be sewing. It saves my sanity sometimes.

Kyle said...

Those are jazzy blue blocks. A two color quilt is always awesome.

dutchcomfort said...

I love the blue blocks!

Tanya said...

The cool blues are so nice to be working with in the summer!