I didn't know when I created the new blog, Quilt and Color, that I could just have changed the name and the url to a new one.
I wanted a way to retain the blog posts and the layout of the blog. It looked like I could merge the two blogs together and moving the name here. Moving the new content to this blog and changing the name of the blog made the most sense, because there is less information to move, and I like the layout of this blog better.
I imported the new blog posts here. Everything looked good, but it wouldn't let me change the name of the blog to the other name, like it looked like I should be able to do. I thought it was because the blog still existed. So I deleted the Quilt and Color blog. Permanently. It said I would be able to reuse the name, but now from what I read, if you permanently delete it, you can not use that name. Ever.
You can't use ampersands so I can't use Quilt&Color so there is no way for me to use my YouTube channel to have the same name as my blog name.
So I am back to this blog again. I might at some point start a new one, but will have to use another site or something. I am not ready to make such a big switch so for now, I am going to keep using this blog here.
I am so sorry for the run around and having you change your blog readers only to change them back to this one.
3 comments:
How about trying Quilts 'n Color?
Navigating technology is never fun. Sorry things didn't work out.
Oh, how very frustrating! I use Feedly and I’m glad I didn’t delete your old, now current, site.
Post a Comment