Sunday, January 11, 2026

15 Minutes to Quilt Week Two


75 Day Soft Tracker

  • Met every goal / Jan = 1/10 days
  • Met every goal / 2026 = 1/10 days
  • Success rate = 1%

Okay that looks awful, but I am still just trying to ramp up to follow all of the things every day.  So far, I have been pretty good at doing a lot of the things, but I haven't been able to do it all, except for Jan 1.  I've just been pulled in all sorts of different directions, motivation-wise. I am doing more than I did last month, and I will get there soon enough. My plan doesn't require me to be perfect every day.


15 Minutes to Quilt




This week, I worked on turning the peacock  I made using leftovers of the Lupine and Laughter mystery quilt. I sewed the peacock and the lace onto the background.  This quilt keeps calling me, and I think this will be a maximalist quilt with lots of embellishments and embroidery.  We will see how it turns out.



I also made more progress on making the blocks for the Lupine & Laughter mystery quilt. I am piecing the flying geese border blocks and am focusing on finishing the blocks with the kitty ears. I haven't made all the half rectangle triangles so I will work on those blocks after I am finished with the ones that are ready.


That blanket that Zoey is sitting on is my childhood blanket.  It is no ordinary blanket though, because it is a quilt that my mother quilted. She made two, one for each of the bunk beds. I just washed it and spread it on my couch, and forgot that Zoey stays off the couch only when it isn't covered.



I used the scraps from the Project Quilting quilt I made, way before today's deadline, I might add, to fix some of the damage in the bunk bed quilt. I am going to keep adding scraps until all of the damage has been covered.

  • 15 minute days/Jan = 10/10 days
  • 15 minute days/2026 = 10/10 days
  • Success rate = 100%

1 comment:

Kate said...

You are doing much better on Lupine and Laughter than I am. Congrats on all the stitching time last week.