Monday, March 5, 2018

Fabric Mandala


My sister was inspired by my scraps for the On Ringo Lake quilt and decided to make a mandala out of them.

 
The mandala was made on a canvas board. 
 

She drew some concentric circles on the board. Then she cut up pieces of my fabric scraps and laid them around the circles.


She used variegated and non-variegated embroidery floss to highlight some of the shapes.


She painted the backgrounds, added teeny tiny beads and added texture in the corners.


As incredible as this mandala is, the best part is that she gifted to me. It's mine!

Linked to:
WIP Linkup - I know it isn't a WIP, although Sis did make suggestions on how additional things could be added. Besides WIPs are supposed to eventually become finished projects!

WIPs on Wednesdays - Second verse, same as the first.

Wednesday Wait Loss - what a sweet creative name name for a linkup! And there is green in this project!

Let's Bee Social!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, what a piece of art! It's beautiful, and such a fun idea.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow - artistic talent seems to run in the family! That's beautiful, and how lovely of her to gift it to you!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

How beautiful! I love how your sister saw potential in your quilt scraps and used them to create a gift of love for you. It shows how close and connected you both are. So wonderful! Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

Kaja said...

That's a very cool way to use your scraps up - clever sister!

Tanya said...

That is fantastic. I guess you've just proven that artistic is in your family genes! I love the way the thread accents the shapes! And the painted background!

Lynette said...

This is really neat! I actually have an art canvas with some scribblings on it that I've been wondering what to do with. I think I'll ask my daughter to paint it over and pull from my scrap bins to make a mandala. :) Thanks for the idea.