Friday, August 23, 2019

Online Quilter's Meet & Greet

I am going to be taking part of the Online Quilter's Meet and Greet on September 3. It is basically a blog hop with big prizes! I hope you will join us, and hopefully get lots of inspiration and maybe win a prize!



I am working on writing the blog post that makes me sound more interesting and spectacular than I really am. Please play along. What they don't know won't hurt them! They will find out soon enough if they take the time to read any other post on my blog.


In the meantime, I have stitched the blocks for the batik quilt for Stitching Sisters.  I still need to press the top and add the border.

I've also been working on a massive clean out of the sewing room, fifteen minutes a day, consolidating things and reducing the number of containers I am using. It is a long process, but I have found as I worked through the rest of the house that shorter bites of a big project work much better for me than a massive session all at once.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Ha! You're funny and you do great things. You won't need to embellish yourself at all. Look forward to the meet and greet.

Julierose said...

It must be in the air as i am re-folding and purging my stash too...I have no idea just what i have so it's time...hugs, Julierose

Kim said...

The blog hop sounds fun. Love this batik quilt you have imagined, it is gorgeous. You have made me smile this Saturday morning. =)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think we can all relate to needed to clean out, straighten up our sewing spaces. You have the right approach, just enough time to get something done but not long enough to get bored or sidetracked.

Joyful Quilter said...

I can be bribed. ;o) I've given up trying to organize my stash...I always get distracted and start matching up fabrics for a quilt with an unknown pattern.

cspoonquilt said...

Pretty Batik's top! Yes, I think there must be something in the air. I know a lot of people are sifting and cleaning, me to! It's also a way of taking inventory. What to work on what to leave for another day (or year) lol! cheers!

Fiona said...

the top is lovely and I'm sure your blog post will be great.. you do some wonderful work. oh my one room needs lots of sorting... hmmm
HUgz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I was on the last year M&G, and it was a lot of fun! Enjoy!

Tanya said...

Your batik quilt is beautiful. I love batiks.

I will check out the Meet and Greet sites!

Jeanne said...

Thinking about the meet-and-greet ...