Sunday, December 26, 2021

Quilt Progress

 

I finished another Postage Stamp block as a Leader / Ender while I was working on the Representation Quilt. In case you missed it, I drew names and our family is sharing art that represents the gift recipient..

We decided to hold our family gathering virtually because of schedules and the virus. This means that we have to give some time to mail our representation gifts. I will let you know what fun ideas everyone had after we distribute them and hold our gathering.


I finished my Representation Quilt and sent it off. I will show that one to you later as well.


2021:  Week 52 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

I might have mixed up my weekly count since I am on week 52 and there are 52 weeks in a year. This is the next to last post for the year.




I've made quilting progress. I finished the Representation Portrait Quilt I showed you in my last post. Since it is a gift, and it is in the mail for the receiver, I will wait to show you the finished project.

While I was attaching the borders and working on that quilt, I sewed the rows for the red Postage Stamp block as  a Leader and Ender.

I also worked on the Halloween quilt while I was procrastinating working on the Representation Portrait quilt.

 

There are 52 weeks in a year and I am already on week 52. My date mix-up probably means that my stats are better than reported.  There was a week where I didn't remember what I had done and gave myself a  0 for the week. The auditor is on holiday and not willing to figure out the discrepancy. I am pretty sure it means I am at 100%  now.

15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 295 out of 360 days
Success rate  = 82%
 
Last year had a Leap year Day, so we also had 53 weeks, and the first week of this year only had 4 days.

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

Interesting finds this week:

While I was procrastinating working on the Representation Portrait Quilt, I found a YouTube Channel by Mary Fons. She is the daughter of Marianne Fons of Fons and Porter. The show is actually on Twitch platform, but you can watch on YouTube. She hosts regular casual chat sessions where she shares lots of different quilts and quilty topics. Like Bonnie Hunter, it is a mostly a live show where she interacts with the audience and then tells you some things that makes it worth the visit.

There is no time limit for each episode, but it was difficult to work while watching this, because there are interesting things that require your eyeballs on the show, although there are parts where she is talking where you can work on other things. It is called Quilt Nerd, and she is working on fine-tuning the show.


This quilt is in Issue 80 of Today's Quilter. It is made by Maria Lizano using quilt blocks from the Jane Stickle quilt. I have a whole bunch of blocks left done, more than 100 if I remember correctly.

 

5 comments:

Kim said...

A lot of people 'had' Christmas with their families via zoom. Isn't modern day technology wonderful? Another great Postage Stamp block. This quilt will be filled with scrappy loveliness. Thank you for the link to Mary Fons; I must check it out. I wonder what you will imagine with your 100 leftover blocks??

Queeniepatch said...

Mary Lozano made good use of the blocks. I wouldn't have come up with such an idea. I wonder what you will make with your collection of blocks.
Yes, it is wonderful that we can meet - on zoom. When the Spanish Flu spread like wildfire people had very little information (no internet, no satellite TV). lost their jobs (no remote work using computers), and lost touch with friends and family (letters took too long to send and no computer screen parties). We ARE lucky in a sense.
I enjoy your photographs, such beautiful skies and a single line from an airplane.

Kyle said...

100 blocks is quite the accomplishment. You should try and do something with them. Zoom and other technological things have definitely kept families together.

Sandy said...

Lots of interesting stuff, Shasta, as I scrolled down through your latest three or four posts. Obviously I’m a bit behind. What a unique and fun idea for your family gifts. It cracked me up that moments later no one remembered the idea let alone who’s idea it was. Reminds me of my family’s latest zoom meeting that no one knew had been scheduled. Your photos are wonderful. The quilt with the Jane Stickle blocks is the best quilt that I’ve seen regarding that crazy popular quilt. Mary Fons. What an amazingly smart, talented and generous woman. And a bit quirky, which is right up my alley. Thanks for the heads up on her show.

Kate said...

With all the varying work schedules and trouble traveling, Zoom is a good option for many families. Congrats on finishing up the Representation project. It will be fun to see what everyone came up with, that's such a fun challenge. I don't think you miscount, last Sunday was week 52 for this year. Since 365 divided by 7 has a remainder, there will always be a few days that don't fit into week 52 or week 1 depending upon how you count the weeks. Thanks for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch this year. You were a lot more consistent than I was. Have a very happy new year!