Friday, December 17, 2021

Word for 2022

 

 Sometimes a new word for the year comes through a lot of soul searching and looking through lists on the internet. Other times, it comes and slaps you in the face and says, "choose me".  I think you can guess that my face is still smarting right now.

 I find that the Word of the Year that requires research gets easily forgotten in the year. The Word for 2021 is Respect, and I had to look on my blog several times this year to see what it was!

Sometimes when I make a post here, I worry that it might be boring. I worry that the weekly posts that say whether I stitched for 15 minutes a day may be tedious for my readers. I try to keep it interesting by including a photo or more, but I can't always show a WIP photo, especially with winter lighting. For my last post, I hadn't taken a lot of photos that week, so there wasn't much to share.

Then I had some books that were coming due to the library. One of them is Show Your Work! by Austin Keon  I've also been reading books about stories, like StoryWorthy by Matthew Dicks. Books take away from quilting time, but hopefully these books will make me make the blog more interesting next year.


 

The quote above is from Show Your Work!  I am not trying to gain more followers as this blog is more of a diary for me but I do want to make sure that I make it worth the time for the people who take the time to visit me . I do have a lot of interests and am continually seeking out more input. I read a lot of blogs and look at a lot of books.



 Here is a basic summary of the book. Some things I already follow. I share my work as I go along, without worrying about whether it is successful. I share things often, but don't have time to do that every day. 

I am going to work on telling good stories and teaching more. I want to share what inspires me, even when I don't immediately put it into practice. I can share more interesting things I have found and read while being careful not to infringe on anyone's copyright.

Can you think of any other ways I can make this blog more interesting?




6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Yes!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I find your blog interesting and I like checking in on you to see your spectacular nature photos. You are one of my "friends" and I always like to see or hear what you are working on.

Robin said...

I like your blog because you are unafraid to try new and different things. And you share the successes and the mistakes. You're real.

Kyle said...

Those are all interesting points. Things all bloggers should try and do. Thanks for giving me some things to think about.

Queeniepatch said...

We are all different and therefore can't be interesting to everyone. The good think with blogs is that we can try all, then chose which to follow and read regularly. I am sure those who follow your blog do so because they find it interesting.
I like your photos where I can see how the season changes, I like to see your progress, small or great, I like to hear your stories and opinions. You are doing great.

Cathy said...

I think you are already interesting. I'm just forgetful and forget which blogs I like to look at. I guess maybe I should make a follow list or something. I thought it good brain exercise to try to remember more things than press buttons that do everything for me.

Summary: You are interesting. I am forgetful. I'm the one that needs some work!! Maybe I need to find some of those self help books!

Happy holidays!