Sunday, May 28, 2023

15 Minutes to Stitch Updates



This is a big recap of several weeks of stitching, or lack thereof. I interspersed some photographs I took during these weeks for interest. There was a walking historical tour the library was sponsoring, so most of the photos are from that day.


15 Minutes to Stitch Week 18


I tried to work on Spicy Stars blocks, but realized pretty quickly that I needed to do something simpler, so I worked on some Unallocated scrap blocks. All the blocks are the same, and since I am using scrap fabric, any fabric will work for the most part, there is very little decision making.

15 minute days this week --3 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 123 out of 127 days
Success rate  = 97%

15 Minutes to Stitch Week 19


I didn't find any time to quilt this week. I was behind in my housekeeping and mostly I wanted to rest, so I took advantage of my Prime trial subscription watching videos.

 

15 minute days this week --0 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 123 out of 134 days
Success rate  = 91%

15 Minutes to Stitch Week 20

 


I worked on more Unallocated blocks, but only managed one day.

15 minute days this week --1 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 124 out of 141 days
Success rate  = 88%

15 Minutes to Stitch Week 21

 

I found an even easier way to get some quilting in, which was to trim the Aunt Daisy blocks. They are all the same size, so trimming to that size was easy.

15 minute days this week --3 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 127 out of 148 days
Success rate  = 86%
 
 
 
Linked with:
 
 
 
P. S. If you are interested in the one card a day, a new challenge is starting up.
 


5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad you got some stitching time in here and there. I wondered if your work had completely preempted any stitching time as you hadn't linked up in a few weeks. Hopefully things will calm down a bit and you can get back to some of your more elaborate projects.

Queeniepatch said...

Quilting should be fun so if you feel stressed out do take a break and watch some videos instead.
Great house a funny bushes trimmed to shapes.

FlourishingPalms said...

I haven't heard of this 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge, but I think it's a nice idea if a quilter (or hand worker) need motivation to stitch or sew. I love knowing you're making Unallocated blocks. Please be sure to share pictures of those too.

Tanya said...

Very interesting building on your library tour!

Rose said...

My 15 minutes to stitch would be an awful grade if I kept up with it....since I don't work outside the home, I feel like I should get in stitching every day but that just does not happen. Though most times when I go up I do more than 15 minutes.

I am so far behind on your blog...and I thought of it several days ago...and just now getting here.