Thursday, January 25, 2024

Quilt Reveal: Rabbit's Reverie 🐰

 

It's my day for the Just Let Me Quilt blog hop challenge. The theme for the week is White Rabbit.

The challenge was: 

Make something with white fabrics, rabbits, or white rabbits. 

It is a perfect theme, because I was just gifted a pair of embroidered white pants.  I had seen a couple of quilts that were animal shapes that were cut out of some embroidered work with batting inside them. I thought about doing just that and having a quilt that was not a rectangle, but I still had house on my mind and wanted to make sure that my rabbit had a home.



I started out with the floral background, but decided to put the rabbit on the green background and add the flowers. It looks like the rabbit is lost in reverie looking at the field of flowers.


I tried machine binding again. I still have yet to master that skill, but I like the shabby chic look to this quilt.



I have made a YouTube video to go with the blog hop. It took a long time to cut down all the footage into a reasonable length video. I still don't know whether it is better to show everything and speed up the footage, show everything in real time and have really long videos, or just chop it up enough so people know what happened and let them imagine the rest. Let me know if you have a preference.



Check out all the really cool bloggers who have been creative!

26 comments:

Danice G said...

What a cute rabbit quilt. I love the colors, very Spring time looking.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your rabbit quilt is very sweet and artistic!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love how you used the flowers from the backing to piece onto your bunny sharmer. Really adds to the whole piece.

Kate said...

A very cute mini! It's a bit different than some of your other animal minis, but variety keeps it fun.

Calicojoan said...

What a fun piece. I love the idea of using those embroidered pants for your rabbit. There is just so many things we can do with just a little vision. Thanks for opening my eyes. Now I want to play...looks like a trip to the near new shop is on my horizon!

Nikki said...

Nice rabbit! I don't like long videos. I think I like sped up, rather than wondering how something is done. HTH

Carol Swift said...

What a great way to rework beautiful embroidered clothing into a quilt. I love this! There are so many pretty details to look at. Nice job, Shelina! Videos seem to make things easier for me to figure out what I'm doing. Thanks for sharing your "White Rabbit" project! xo

Magpie's Mumblings said...

He looks like he's trying to decide which flower to nibble on.

Karrin Hurd said...

Adorable rabbit quilt. Thanks so much for sharing!

Moira said...

Very cute mini quilt. I'll have to remember the idea because I've got lots of embroidered linens in my CQ stash that I need to do something with.

Joansy said...

Your project is amazing! I love the bunny and the flowers! Beautiful work! Now I'm heading over to find you on You Tube. Can't wait to watch it!

Joansy said...

Your project is amazing! I love the bunny and the flowers! Beautiful work! Now I'm heading over to find you on You Tube. Can't wait to watch it!

Needled Mom said...

That’s such pretty fabric and your appliqué using it is such a clever idea.

Quilting Gail said...

That's a fantastic idea for your embroidered pants! Your rabbit is lovely amongst the flowers!

Victoria Pietz said...

Thanks for sharing the video on this. I watched the whole thing! I did speed through a couple parts. Great ideas on how to find themes and inspiration for a quilting project. Yours turned out nice and reusing fabric is a nice touch.

Sharon said...

What a fun quilt! The rabbit looks very thoughtful.

Nann said...

What a great way to 'upcycle' a garment -- the rabbit is charming, Shelina. Nice job!

Rose said...

I thought the video was about perfect...you showed enough to really understand what you did...and it turned out so darn cute!

O'Quilts said...

Just an adorable job !!

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Beautiful quilt. I make videos all the time and I just cut it down and speed up the footage to get the point across. Thanks for sharing!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Just gorgeous!! Love all the applique and embellishments! xx

Quilting Babcia said...

I love your little rabbit, perfectly adorable!

Lyndsey said...

The rabbit is so cut amongst the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Cute project, I love the fabrics.

tink's mom said...

Great piece and a wonderful video. This was a good length for a video and very informative. Thanks for the great idea and the video.

Queeniepatch said...

I don’t know if I like the front or the back better. The flowers are wonderful.