Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Courthouse Steps


I am cleaning up for a family gathering and still cleaning my sewing room as a part of 15 minutes to stitch.


This means that the room where I sew has to be returned to living room / dining room status. The dining table had some fabric strings on it, and instead of finding an appropriate box and an appropriate place to put the box, I thought it might be better to just turn them into blocks.    Bonnie Hunter's  crooked courthouse steps quilt tutorial came at exactly the right time. Cleaning by sewing. That's my story and I am sticking to it!


15 Minutes to Stitch: Week 41

This week, I cut and prepared the binding for the drunkard's path quilt. I cleaned the dining table as well as sewed seven string blocks. These are the same blocks shown different ways. The seventh one is under the needle.


15 Minute sessions of stitching this week: 7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 247 out of 286 sessions
Success Rate: 86%

Linked with:
15 Minutes to Stitch 
Finished or Not Friday

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like that crooked courthouse steps tutorial, too -- there is one in my future!! Great word of the day, too.

Kyle said...

Super fun blocks!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's so fun to make free wheeling log cabin blocks. I know all about turning spaces back into living room/dining room status, ha ha!

Kate said...

Glad you got some organizational stitching in. So there is a word for that panicked, frenzied cleaning when company is coming! Good luck with your scurryfunging!

Sarah Aldrich said...

Scurryfunge, so that’s the word for what I did to my kids every time company was coming. They hated it! I sent them both the picture. You made my day.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the way you think!!! Sew instead of store!! The courthouse steps are so cute!

Kim said...

Your post made me smile. How many quilts have been imagined and started through the tidying up of a sewing room. Loving your courthouse blocks.