Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rant Confusion

I waited for my packages forever, it seemed, and then I decided that I would have to continue about my business. A watched pot never boils. I went to get a haircut. There was a long wait. I showed her pictures, both of which were very similar to each other. We discussed it.

I thought she understood.

It doesn't look anything like the picture, but it doesn't look bad. It will just take some getting used to. Like maybe in five years, when it is time to get the next haircut! That's what I get for disobeying an order from Creepy Guy.

The customers who call in at work for the lady with the long brown hair are in for a shock. I keep thinking short and sassy, which hopefully doesn't mean it looks like a style from the 80s or 90s.

I bought a couple of shirts on clearance to celebrate the new me, and came home to get my packages. My jelly roll, which the site had said was on back order, did come in. Rant averted. Wait, one of the charm pack, which wasn't on back order as far as I can remember, apparently was back ordered and that order has been canceled. I could rant - after all I did carefully choose my purchases to maximize my shipping dollar. But now I don't have to pay for the charm pack, but it was an excellent price, and I did take the time to plan the order, so I'm not sure whether I should insist that they send me something else, or be happy that I saved some money.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I too find shipping prices and maximizing volumn/weight a challenge with on-line ordering -- I understand they run out, but at the same time its very frustrating to not be sure what will be recieved until it actially shows up... Glad your Jelly Roll made the package though :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shasta,
Sorry if your haircut isn't what you wanted. I had really long hair and had it hacked off (literally) and it was quite shocking. After the shock and about two weeks growth, it felt like my hair. I'm sure it looks adorable, even if you don't immediately recognize yourself in the mirror. Who is creepy guy?
Fun fabric choices! Congrats on waiting so long into the new year before adding to your stash!

Helen said...

Hi Shasta

Just calling in to visit you in return for visiting me :)

I haven't ever purchased fabric on line but it must be frustrating not knowing if you are going to get what you ordered until it arrives. I guess in these tough economic times one should be grateful for having some unspent money (personally I'd rather stroke the fabric, but hey, quilters are nuts, right?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shasta, I've checked "follow up" so maybe it'll work now?!
:)Karlie

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think I've got it corrected this time!
Karlie

Sherri said...

Great fabrics in the mail!!!

Tanya said...

Hmmm. Now I can't imagine you with short sassy hair but I'd love to see you! Hope there are no work complications with your new hairdo.