Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Love Words

Remember a few posts back when I said I could make a quilt out of each of my coins ideas? That makes me laugh. Here are just some of the words I am adding to my blushing bride quilt. Emotional comforts you would wish for a newly married couple. I chose a casual font, my favorite, Bradley. I figured it would be more forgiving with my rudimentary stitching skills. I found that it was easier to see if I used the computer monitor as my light source. Just choose select all so that the background is black, made it much easier to see, although not very comfortable physically.

I've made more progress than this, but it does have an old fashioned, depression era quality to it, as Paula mentioned. Note that the thread has several needles in it. I found that it took me longer to thread the needle than to do the stitching, especially in nighttime lighting, so when the sun came out, and threading was easier, I took advantage of the opportunity and threaded several needles. Oh look the words are upside down. I guess I pressed the rotate button the wrong way. Yeah, I'm sure it is the lighting.

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a lovely and treasured keepsake this is destined to be!

Allie said...

This is going to be superb!

Beena said...

It looks great, and I love the selection of words you chose!

laura west kong said...

What a great idea ~ I can't wait to see the finished quilt!