Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quilters Galore



My plot to turn everyone around me into a quilter is working!  Here's a charm quilt that my niece made for me.  She didn't know what to call it at first, but the name fits perfectly. It is quite charming.


Remember the last quilt I started? With our first student, I tried to keep her constantly busy, but that wore me out, and probably wore her out as well.  With our second student, I learned that it is probably best to leave the evenings free and flexible.  The day before yesterday, we were watching television, and she was looking bored, so I brought out my treasure map quilt.  I got the idea from the Whip Up book.  I asked her if she wanted to add something to the quilt, and she said yes.  She made the skull.  My daughter didn't want anything to do with it.  I asked IU if she wanted to make anything else, making sure she understood she didn't have to.  She decided to make something even more elaborate and intricate.  Isn't it fantastic?

3 comments:

Allie said...

Love it - she did a great job! What a FUN thing to do.

Michele Bilyeu said...

What fun! And look how it is turning out. I just think it's a great idea and we should all trying integrating others into our fun ;)

Barb said...

how sweet to have a quilt made for you! I love the treasure map, the scull is awesome