Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Quilting Recap and 2012 Quilting goals

It is the end of the year, and it is now time to reflect on the old year and think about resolutions for the new year.

2011 Quilting Review

This has not been a very quilty year for me.  I have spent a great deal of time working at work, working on genealogy, and writing articles for HubPages and elsewhere.  Weaving has also taken a great deal of my time this year.    Besides the finished projects I am showing on this blog, I have also made progress on several other projects, but not to completion. I worked on the Thangles BOM, made a DJ block, and quilted my Moldy Crackers quilt.   If I continue to make that type of progress this year, there will be some completed quilts to show for it.

Here are the quilts I finished this year. There is lots of variety.

This was a little quilt for Kate's Another Little quilt Swap that I finished early in the year.







The Simply Squares quilt was finished in May, even though I forgot the quilt reveal until October. It was one of the rare projects that I worked on start to finish without letting it marinate.



Celebrate was my happiest achievement this year, because this quilt did languish for a long time while I decided what to do with it. I promised a better picture, but I'm not sure I delivered since part of it is cut off.




And don't forget the postcards I made in my last post!


2012 Quilting Goals

I don't think 2012 will be a year for quilting for me either in terms of getting a large number of quilts finished. I am not giving up quilting by any means.   I will definitely continue to work on quilting as much as possible, and try to get more done, and hopefully get a chance to get started on some of the ones that are waiting in line.  I think there should be at least three or four quilts finished this year.  I want to focus on quality, and make progress on the quilts that have applique and lots of little pieces and take longer to make.  They have already been started and I just need to keep making progress even though it feels very slow.

It will be a few weeks until the denim rug is finished, and I want to get a large portfolio of articles written on HubPages, and focus on my job.

3 comments:

Allie said...

You have had a very busy year, hon - I love your Celebrate quilt so much, and those postcards are GREAT! That's something I'd love to try this coming year. Happy New Year!!

Heather said...

Sometimes you just need to take things more slowly and give those creative juices a little rest. The projects you completed this year are just beautiful, and it sounds like they brought you a lot of joy in the process. ;o) Happy New Year!

Tanya said...

Yep, I know you have been busy! It is not all quantity that counts! Go for quality! I'm looking forward to seeing your weaving!