Saturday, January 7, 2017
Luck with Binding Daisy Quilt
I gifted the Daisy Quilt like this, with the promise to bind it. (That's my new couch. It came with the pillows.) (Oops, it is upside down!)
I don't know if I have any of the outer border fabric left to make a binding, so I decided to see if I could find something else. I found a fabric that I thought might work, from my limited stash of fabric that is more than a quarter yard. I usually buy fabric in quarter yard pieces, unless there is a really really good sale or I really like the fabric, so my selection is very limited.
Even though I left it out all day to audition it, as I usually do, the day was dreary all day so it was difficult to tell if it would work.
I decided to use it anyway, and cut the strips, joined them and pressed them, and started sewing down the binding.
Before I got to the first corner, I remembered that I need a label and a hanging sleeve. Since this is a gift quilt, I thought it would be good to add a sleeve to give the recipient more options in how to use it. Now that I have the hanging sleeve cut and pinned, the sun has come out, and I am really happy with my fabric selection.
I have a good fabric, that was easy to find, I probably got it for a good price, and I remembered the label and sleeve before I sewed down the binding. Happy days!
Let's Bee Social