Friday, August 17, 2018

Breathing Space


It's time to make a plan for the next few months - mostly having to do with home improvement, cleaning and quilting.  The big list of things to do has reared up, and I am diligently trying to prioritize it, although I have found that in the end, just grabbing something at random and getting it done works better for me than going down a priority list.

There are so many quilting projects I want to start, but hopefully I will be able to hold off long enough to get one or two projects down the finish line before I start anything new. I have been wanting to make a quilt using scraps for a while, so that is what is at the forefront, and hopefully I will be able to decide while I finish something else.

 I am making this list in case I ever want to look down memory lane and see what actually got done:

Scrappy trips around the world
Demented Quilt
Cheri Payne Sweet Land of Liberty
Lego Quilt or the other similar one which uses different size scraps (Scrap Vortex)
Equilateral triangles
Half Rectangle Triangles

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You have a great list of quilts to make, Shasta. I like making lists of things that need to be done, then, like you, choosing and doing, rather than prioritizing and going down the list. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing #1 on the list, but can happily do #4 and #8....

Quiltdivajulie said...

I find that just having the list is enough - I can mark off what gets done and the priorities often seem to set themselves (and like Nancy said, I often go with things that are NOT at the top of the list).

Kate said...

That's a very fun list. I'm ready to start something new, but am trying very diligently to get my UFO list worked down a bit first. Hope you can find lots of time for stitching over the next few months.

dq said...

I am drooling over those batiks in the first photo . I love those colors.

Cathy said...

I keep my list in my head.

so is the Demented quilt the quilt with all the HSTs or something else?