Wednesday, December 18, 2019
2020 Quilting Goals
Quilting Jet Girl is having a planning party, so even though I haven't even finished my goals for 2019, I am looking ahead to the next year to decide what my goals should be. I tend to do things out of order anyway, and when there are prizes involved, well, how can I resist?
1. The first goal I have is to tame the scraps. I have emptied a few scrap boxes so far this year, and I would like to continue that process next year. My end of the year goal is to have 1 (one, yes only ONE) scrap box by the end of the year. A reasonable size box; no stuffing all the scraps in a refrigerator box allowed!
2. Clean the sewing room every month. I am still in the process of going through every.single.thing in the bedrooms, and I want to keep it in some sort of order by making sure that I keep going back to keep them tidy. It isn't reasonable to say I will always keep them clean so once a month sounds reasonable.
3. Keep making a mini a month, allowing for exceptions for busy times. These little quilts keep the joy in quilting.
4. Keep stitching 15 minutes a day. It keeps me sane and gives me permission to take time out for me.
5. Move quilts forward, preferably to completion. I have a bunch of quilts in progress and I want to make sure that they don't stagnate.
6. Keep having fun. This means that if any of the other goals cause any stress, I can focus on another, or even, gasp, start a new quilt!