I wanted to take a break from the yo-yo quilt, but wasn't done with handwork, so I took out an old unfinished quilt. This quilt is made with blocks from a block swap. I have some embroidery on it already, but there is plenty of room for more.
I am not good at embroidery but anytime I do improv or folkart work, I feel the need to say that I wasn't aiming for perfection, so this looks perfectly imperfect to me.
I had chosen a different UFO to work on for this quarter, but this one called to me last night when I saw a Deborah Boschert project. She uses a lot of ladders in her work. I don't know if mine looks like a ladder or a sidewalk, but either one works!
2020: Week 5 of 15 Minutes to Stitch
My sewing machine which I got cleaned last fall needs repair. The part that holds the needle seems to have moved so the walking foot doesn't fit and when I tried to replace the needle, I can't get a new needle to stay.
I have a backup which works wonderfully, but I was out of sorts this week, so I spent this week on a bunch of random projects.
- I finished the yo-yos for the yo-yo coverlet and played with them to do a photo shoot. That brown paper is what I used to wrap the shirts quilt in for gifting. Since I had it out, I sloppily put it up to create a backdrop for the yo-yos. I like the crinkliness of it, but I didn't put it up high enough. There will be more, better, photo shoots before they are put together for sure.
- I made a small quilt for the Color It Red blog hop. I couldn't wait until February to make it. I will give you a hint as a bonus for reading this far. It is made with red yo-yos!
- I made the face index card I showed you last time.
- I added the ladder and sun to the quotation crazy quilt as shown at the top of this post.
- I also cut another uniform shirt to make the last row of the blue shirts quilt.
15 minute days this week -- 7 out of 7 days
15 minute days this year -- 7 out of 33 days
Success rate = 100%
Life in Pieces: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 5