Sunday, July 11, 2021

Week 28 and Photo Challenge


 Kate at Life in Pieces is having a family photography challenge where they draw a card each week and each family member takes a photo that meets the theme of the week.  I have a tendency to adopt families, and I have decided to join them in the challenge, with Kate's permission.  I don't know how long I will be able to keep it up, but I know I can at least do the first few. As luck would have it, I've taken recent photos that meet the criteria.

 

The first week, they drew a card "self portrait".  This was the only recent picture of me, and since I don't feel comfortable having pictures of me on my blog, this is the best I could do.


 

The second week's challenge was death. Since I had recently been to a cemetery, I had lots of pictures I could use.  I chose this overview of the cemetery post-Memorial Day. Cloudy days are the best days to go to the cemetery since there isn't the glare of the sun when taking photos.


 

This week's challenge is "something with wings". I had three good ones for this too. I thought a colorful picture would be nicer than the moody ones to follow the cemetery photo.



2021:  Week 28 of 15 Minutes to Stitch



I spent the last two weeks resisting the urge to start another quilt as I worked on finishing the Quote Quilt. I was not able to resist the temptation this week. I started two quilts.

I started the red and white Op-Art quilt I showed you this week. I now have the white fabric and the batting and backing ready so I can quilt it, possibly after the Quote Quilt is quilted. 

I also started an Alphabet primitive quilt that is part of a sew-along. I am three or four months behind, but with the fusible, I am hoping to catch up without too much trouble.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 177 out of 192 days
Success rate  = 92%
 



Linked with:

15 Minutes to Stitch

 


3 comments:

dq said...

Shasta, great self-portrait of your foot - you sneaky girl! Were you mowing the lawn bear foot? That tells us a little about you.
I ordered the deck of cards and decided to do it with my family as well. I hope they will participate.

Kate said...

You found three great photos for the challenge shots. I think I have one for this week, I should look to be sure it came out OK well before we get to Friday. Sometimes you have to start something new to keep up the interest on getting some older finished. Happy stitching this week.

Tanya said...

Isn't that a wild looking flower that the bee is sitting on!