Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Quilt Reveal: Fish and Bubbles

 Queenie Patch has a weekly feature where she suggests other blogs to read.  One Monday, she suggested my blog on this post. I am so honored and tickled with her positive comments. Thank you so much!

Here's my mini quilt for this month. I started with bits of fabric from the Amalfi Coast quilt. Little slivers from straightening out the fabric and other bits were put on top of a shirt leftover from the shirts quilt. There were a lot of bits and I tried to use them all.

 
I placed some tulle over those bits and quilted them down. There are so many layers, I don't need batting!
 


I added the fish and bubbles on top and folded the shirt over to finish off the edges.

Linked with:

Free Motion Mavericks

Friday Night Sew In 

Off the Wall Friday 

A Pageant of Finishes


12 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Very cute! I would really like to try to the technique of using little bits of layered fabric. Hopefully someday.

O'Quilts said...

This is because you are so clever and original....Go Shasta!!

Queeniepatch said...

This is so charming, I love the RED bubbles!
Using tulle to keep pieces of fabric in check is a great idea. It also adds a soft look and can change the hue if the tulle is coloured.
I am glad to have featured your blog as others need to see and enjoy your work. I hope you get more visitors.
All the best.
Queenie

Robin said...

Fascinating! I love how the red/orange and blue enhance each other. You do the funnest things.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful project, I love all these layers!

Norma Schlager said...

A very cute little fish quilt! I blogged about fish cards I made this week.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Way to repurpose and recycle. Charming piece.

Kate said...

Very whimsical! You'd never guess those were all leftovers. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Kyle said...

Great technique for the background. It captures the movement of water

Rose said...

A lot of your quilts I would dearly love to see 'with my hands' as well as be right there and see with my eyes.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi! Thanks so much for linking up to Free motion Mavericks this week. I'm really sorry that your dog is not well. It's so hard to see them suffer. Chevy didn't make it - it just got worse and her heart couldn't take it. I wish you all the best in your quilting and with your dog :-) Take care.

Tanya said...

A great quilt for keeping coolness in mind!