Sunday, March 20, 2022

Happy Spring

 

 
I was looking for a flower quilt to celebrate the first day of Spring, and came across this Thirties Boro tree quilt which will work with all the floral fabric in it.  I made it in August 2020 completely by hand.

 

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 12

After a couple of weeks where I did not quilt every day, I decided to make a more concerted effort to get to the sewing machine. I continued quilting the Olympics Twist quilt. I quilted the outside edge of the twist blocks and, sewed down the other side of the inner black border. It looks pretty much the same as it did before, but now it is more secure for washing. I still need to quilt the two outer borders before I can trim and bind, but it feels like significant progress.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 73 out of 79 days
Success rate  = 92%

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

6 comments:

belarmina said...

Me encanta tu primavera

Queeniepatch said...

It certainly feels like spring!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Shasta, what a lovely boro quilt! It's great to see the coming of spring (in fact, not just in theory!!!) Have a great week.

Kyle said...

Looks like spring. Happy stitching this week.

Rose said...

That quilt does say spring! I clicked to expand the view in a new tab and so enjoyed looking at all the fabrics. I did not see a single one that I have ever had but sure would enjoy having them all. LOL

Kate said...

I'm certainly ready for spring. Your mini definitely fits the season. Congrats on all the stitching time. Hopefully this week was as good.