Monday, March 7, 2022

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 10

 


2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 10

The second block of the Aunt Daisy sewalong has been released, so I spent my week trying to finish the blocks for the first block. My quilt is called Jazzy Blues. There are a lot of flying geese blocks to make. Since the machine is set up for quilting, I sewed and cut these blocks as I was supposed to, but still have more sewing and pressing to finish them up. I also cut the fabrics for the second block. There are much fewer hourglass blocks. I  am now rethinking my fabric choice. My original plan was to let serendipity decide how the quilt will look, but now I wonder if I need to bring out the coloring sheet and test out the colors first .

15 minute days this week --3 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 61 out of 65 days
Success rate  = 94%

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

 


 I have skipped the last two Project Quilting challenges since I have been trying to work on my current big projects, the Olympics Quilt and Jazzy Blues. I won this pincushion kit from Go-Go Kim.The buttons are upside down in this picture so you can't see how cute they are.  I look forward to making it, since cathedral windows is on my mental list of quilts to make and this will give me a chance to learn the technique. Thank you Go-Go Kim!

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Cathedral windows, that's a lovely design and a good way to showcase fabric as the folded-over fabric becomes a beautiful edge/frame.
Have fun!

Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on the win - the pin cushion looks like it will be fun to make. Have you been following the Aunt Daisy Facebook page? Some people have some very pretty and very creative color layouts. I'm just winging it - mine will be a very scrappy blue and white/cream.

Kyle said...

If your Jazzy Blue is a mystery quilt, those can be so challenging to know if your color choices are good. You've been busy making all those geese.

Rose said...

I always love Cathederal windows...but just cannot make up my mind to make one. I am still loving your fabrics.

Kate said...

Love the fabrics you are using for the Aunt Daisy sewalong. The kit is really cute. Hope you have time to get in some more stitching time this week and decide on a path forward with your fabric placement.

Tanya said...

Now why is it I have the same fabrics as you are using for your Cathedral Window pincushion. Could they be from some fabric you once sent me? Maybe!