Sunday, February 27, 2022

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 9

 


2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 9

I spent my week working on the Olympics Twist quilt. The quilting for the body of the quilt is pretty much done. I just have to do the half snowball blocks. I will just be stitching in the ditch like I did the full snowball blocks.

 
I pressed and cut the fabric for the new inner border, and have started to sew it down, raw edge. Instead of straight stitch, I am using a different stitch my machine can make. This is a little scary because I broke a machine while using an applique stitch to quilt, but this is a better machine and I have a flat bed so hopefully all will be well.

 
This is taking some time, because I have to clean off the lint first. The black really shows the lint from the batting.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 58 out of 58 days
Success rate  = 100%

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

 


 

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That's a really interesting machine stitch!

I hate using black fabric just because it just PULLS the cat and dog fair that is flying around my house!

Rose said...

I cannot wait to see it finished. And I so live that #sunflower photo.