Sunday, February 6, 2022

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 6

 

 

I told you the Aunt Daisy quilt along in a previous post. It is such a pretty quilt that I decided to join it. I chose these jazzy blue fabrics with off white backgrounds. I have to give the quilt a name so I can add a label to the blog post and have decided to call it Jazzy Blues.

I've cut the first fabric for the flying geese. I decided to use the same fabric for each component since they will be distributed throughout the quilt. I am hoping it will add another layer of design on the quilt.

And like Amalfi, I will have rogue blocks so I don't have to worry about having the right amount of fabric for each component.


2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 6

I didn't have work this week, so I had a lot of time for quilting. 
 
I've developed a habit of recycling cardboard boxes when I get them to avoid filling them up with junk. This means that when I need one, I either have to wait for the next incoming box or I have to empty one that is already full. I  dumped a cardboard box full of scraps so I would have the box available for charity. I spent a good bit of my 15 minutes a day cutting up these scraps into one and a half inch strips and trying to get my table back.
 
I pieced more of the backing for Lansing Leaves. I started the Aunt Daisy quiltalong.  So far I have chosen the fabric, cut and marked the pieces for the flying geese.
 
Not a lot to show even though there has been a lot of progress.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 37 out of 37 days
Success rate  = 100%

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

 

 

2022: More Finishes Than Starts



Since I started a new quilt before finishing a long-term quilt, this changes my stats to have more starts than finishes. I was hoping to have a finish and just maintain it throughout the year, but that would have been boring for you to watch. I just started a new quilt to keep this story exciting for you. Will she manage to end the year with more finishes than starts? Ah, the sacrifices I make for my blog readers.

6 comments:

loulee said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Jazzy Blues grow into a quilt. I love blues and whites together.

Queeniepatch said...

Beautiful fabric and a nice name for the quilt.
I, too, try to recycle boxes as soon as I get one, only to find that I am 'box less' when I need a god container!

Rose said...

Oh, wow, I so love the fabrics you chose. really nice. I do look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Kate said...

Those blues are all beautiful. It will be fun to watch this one come together. I'm sure you'll find a finish before you make another start. You've already got 3 and it's just February! Congrats on all the stitching time. Hopefully you it's not too bad on that front if you have to work this week.

dq said...

You are so right about the boring watch with only a few things going on. I felt like my blog was January boring because of it. I also like working on more than one thing at a time to keep me from getting bored.

In spite of what I just wrote, I am trying to get those finishes done as well.

Tanya said...

You have so many interesting quilts to choose from. From oranges to blues now!