Sunday, February 13, 2022

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 7



There are a couple of interesting dates coming up. 2-20-22 and 2-22-22. I am not interested in numerology but I do think it would be nice to finish a quilt on one of those dates. I was hoping to finish Lansing Leaves by one of those dates, but since I am working, I am not sure I will be able to finish piecing the back, sandwich, quilt and bind by either of those dates.

Those new quilts do tend to push in and disrupt plans. I spent more time this week with Jazzy Blues and did not work on Lansing Leaves.

 

I have a quilt that is closer to completion - not only is the backing done, it is already sandwiched and the quilting has already started. It is a big quilt though so it won't be a quick finish. It is really old so getting it done would be a great relief. So old that there is no mention of it on this blog. My spreadsheet lists it as started in 2007, but there are a few other quilts with the same date and I know that it was before the spreadsheet was started so it is an educated guess.  It gave me trouble in quilting because it has a lot of bulky seams but that might have been before I got a flat bed extension. I have it out and will examine it to plan the next steps. I will simplify the quilting plan.

I call it Olympics Twist so finishing it on the last day of the Olympics, 2-20-22 would add meaning to that date.

It was not a good week for walking. First, Zeus sprained his leg so he couldn't walk much. Then the snow melted and refroze and was very icy and slippery. Even on the grass, he isn't heavy enough to crush through the layer of ice so he just slides on top of it. He is doing better now but we are still skipping a lot of walks. 


2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 7

If you recall, I am sewing along the Aunt Daisy quiltalong but I am calling my quilt Jazzy Blues. I worked this week so I didn't have much time for quilting. Still though, I finished a Postage Stamp block while I sewed the flying geese of the Jazzy Blues quilt.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 44 out of 44 days
Success rate  = 100%

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

 

 

2022: More Finishes Than Starts


Looks the same as last week.
 
 
 
 
The Jelly Roll Club has a really cute applique sew along called Gnome of the Month. Besides free patterns, there are free videos that show every step of different methods of applique. It is a versatile pattern and you can customize it as you go.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Regardless of when you finish a project this year you can still put 2022 on it in Roman Numerals - MMXXII.

Queeniepatch said...

I like the small pieces with text on your postage stamp quilt. It's the kind of thing that one's eyes are drawn to.
I hope your canine friend will recover soon.

O'Quilts said...

Brrrrr all that snow!! Your one patch reminded me of fabric I want to use that is just that color...Maybe I, too will make another one patch. They are so effective xo

Rose said...

I sooo love your jazzy blues fabrics. Of course I love the postage stamp quilt block.

Be careful when you are out. Four years ago on Feb 12th my foot slipped off the porch, hit the step and would not slide any more. My foot doubled back under. I had three breaks, one of which I did not understand. I assume a bone in my foot...they could do nothing for. I have two pins and a plate in my ankle it is on my blog somewhere.

Kate said...

Even with work picking up, you've still done well it get in some stitching time each day. Be careful out on all the slippery stuff. As you get older, it seems you have so much farther to fall! Hope this week has more stitching and less work.

Tanya said...

Poor Zeus! When it gets slippery we skip our walking regime too. John actually doesn't have a reason not to go out on the icy streets. He is so close to the ground that his legs hardly keep him off the street anyway. It's me who's in more danger of hurting herself.