Sunday, April 10, 2022

2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 14 and 15

 

I have been making an effort to make sure that I spend time quilting and doing things that are calming to me the last two weeks. This means I have been putting more stitches to make the double flying geese and trimming them down to size. I will count them after I have them trimmed to see if I need to make any more.



2022: 15 Minutes to Stitch Weeks 14 and 15


I also sewed and trimmed more of the quarter square triangles. I do not like trimming and usually cut pieces exactly so trimming is not necessary, but since this quilt has a lot of sharp points and I make a lot of improv quilts, I decided to follow the instructions to cut big and trim. The blocks do look much neater this way.

15 minute days this week --14 out of 14
15 minute days this year -- 94 out of 100 days
Success rate  = 94%

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

 I added this list to show the status for the end of the first quarter. Even though there weren't any changes from the last time I showed it, it was good for me to keep in mind. I started a mini today so it is no longer current.

 

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

To calm the mind, a good idea is to be busy with project, just like you have been. I also think it is smart to make big and then cut down, especially if there are several points that need to meet in the pattern.
You have such beautiful prints in this project.

Kyle said...

I've become a trimmer, sew bigger and trim. It definitely has helped my piecing.

Kaja said...

Sewing calms my mind too. Your blues are lovely.

Rose said...

I just need to sew a little and do so much better if I sew a bit every day. I put a sewing machine back in my dining room and do much better that way. When I sew, I just forget the world, the time. So if I was cooking something and went into my sewing room and shut the door, I would totally forget. This way. I am right close to the kitchen and don't usually forget.

Tanya said...

The blue fabric in the triangles is so pretty! Subtle undertones of color hidden there!