Thursday, June 15, 2017

Button Season

I told you my train of thought I am using to stop feeling guilty about having so many unfinished projects.  When one moves forward, the rest in the line all get to move up in line too.

So please don't tell anyone in line that another quilt snuck to the front of the line. I had an idea and I just ran with it.  It is a whole cloth quilt, and look it has been sandwiched already! Simple straight line quilting will make for a quick finish.


Zeus saw I had a quilt on the floor and the camera out, so he knew it was time to get to work as a quilt model. He needs no directions. Note that he turns his head to avoid the flash and therefore green eye.


It really won't be as quick and simple as I described. The plan is to open the button jar and put a button underneath each tree. I decided to quilt before adding the buttons since some of the buttons would get in the way of the straight lines. That means that the stitches for the buttons will show on the back of the quilt, but I've decided to be okay with that.

Those swirls are calling for some hand quilting, but the machine stitching will be enough. After adding all those buttons, I doubt I will want to do any hand quilting.

4 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Sweet - the buttons will add a lot of fun! Zeus is such a handsome model!

Nancy said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who imagines her quilts having feelings!

Lisa J. said...

This is a fun idea Shasta. I've adopted your one quilt moves forward and brings them all along with it philosophy.

Michele Bilyeu said...

There's that sweet boy! Pretty as ever! He looks great on your quilt too. Lovely fabric far too pretty to cut up but great as is.