Monday, July 17, 2017

Button Season


Ta-da! I have bound this wholecloth quilt, and added a hanging sleeve.  I have also placed buttons randomly in some of the spaces. So far, no duplicates.   I plan on adding more, so it is not quite a finished quilt yet, but am waiting to get more from Mom first.

This is hanging on the railing of my front porch. Note that the railing is now white.   I have finally painted the railings. I got help with the roof. I will work cleaning up paint spills and then staining the floor next.

Linked to:
Moving It Forward 
Monday Making

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This quilt is precious! It is a perfectly lovely showcase for your collected buttons, unique and personal. Congrats on your painting progress.

Kaja said...

Looking good! I hate cleaning up paint spills; would much rather be sewing on buttons. :-)

Fiona said...

I love this idea with adding the buttons..... so often we have buttons which we want to keep but nowhere to put them... this will be a lovely display ..
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

That is sweet, and it looks great against your newly painted rails!!

grammajudyb said...

I found you after reading that you won a giveaway from Sillymamaquilts. I noticed your name. My youngest granddaughter's name is Shasta(she is 24) and I don't see it very often. I am not a stalker, really. Congrats on the win, by the way.