Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Yo Yo's and Cards

I've been thinking about the yo-yo quilt I saw in New Orleans, and although I thought that recreating it in muslin would be striking, I figured I would get bored pretty quickly making a million yoyos out of the same fabric, so I have been practicing with some 30s-like fabric. I'll show you when I make more progress. So far I am just figuring out how to make a yo yo that looks good using the clover yoyo maker. I've watched a video and realized my mistake so I think I should be good to go now.

Instead of yo-yos, I figured I would show you some more cards I made this week.






4 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my goodness! That quilt you showed inspired me so much. My thoughts were the same as yours, that I would never make it in all white. I have however started cutting out feedsack prints to use as the rectangle shapes. I already have over 800 feedsack yo-yo's that I made for another project that I never sewed together. I can't wait to see yours in the 1930's prints. Please let me know if you would like some 30's scraps to help you along. I have vintage and reproduction pieces and I would love to share with you. Oh boy, another project!!!

Allie said...

About the only type of quilt I don't like is yo-yo's, lol! Too funny. Love your cards!!

Nines said...

Nice size for the pictures. Sometimes I trace around a card on my larger sketchbook paper. Working in a smaller space is less intimidating than thinking I have to fill up a larger space.

Kaja said...

That would be too many yo-yo's for me! I am enjoying your cards a lot.