Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Progress



It's been a colder and snowier winter than usual. It's not bad when you take it day by day, but the statistics make it seem just simply unbearable. Another Winter Weather Advisory, a Winter Storm Warming, a Level One Snow Emergency, lots of school and business closings. It's interesting to watch those closings - learn a lot about what I would have been missing if they hadn't been closed.

I've been more leery of driving in it this year than I was last year, when I was working two full time jobs, and didn't have time to watch the news. In fact I drove during a Level Two snow emergency and didn't even know it until I got to work. I just did what I had to do.

This year, with just one full time job, my schedule is more flexible, so I can take snow days off. Unfortunately, my daughter still has to go to work, and that means I have to drive during snow days. It is a short trip, and I don't want her to get in the habit of calling snow days off, so I do what I have to do. If I worked where she does, I would have avoided driving, and just walked there.

This weekend, my friend came again to work some more on her quilt. She is down to quilting the last two corners, and then she will be able to do the label and binding. Then on to the next quilt for her. I was able to finish the Cheddar Cheese and Crackers top. I'll show it to you when it is finished quilting. Hopefully, I'll get to that today.

A snow day is supposed to be fun, but I need to be working on filing my taxes and completing the FAFSA (college financial aid) form, so it doesn't seem like so much fun. That and cleaning. And snow shoveling, again.

2 comments:

Allie said...

It's been a very cold winter for us, but not nearly as much snow as we're used to. But we're making up for it today. I don't remember taking ANY snow days when I was working. Thanks for the reminder about the FAFSA...I need to get busy on that, blech.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I can't believe how cold your winter has been, seems so strange in our hot and often humid summertime, stay safe and warm...love that little doll quilt!Tracey