Friday, May 6, 2016

An Index Card a Day

It seems like the later I go to sleep, the earlier Zeus likes to wake me up.   I found myself having an extra hour to fill.  I prepared a block for the 1857 quilt, and tried to catch up on some blog reading.  I read a post by Bari J about Why you should do a 100 project now.  I've been planning on doing an Index Card a Day project.  I worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up that commitment, so I thought I would wait until it wasn't so busy at work.   Which would be in July, kinda late to start on a New Year's Resolution.

In my sleep deprived state, I decided to start now.  As we have learned from the 365 circle a day project, the world doesn't stop revolving if you don't manage to make one every single day.  You can catch up.  And even if you don't catch up, it is still all right. You can just enjoy the ones you have made.


This project will help me use up the school, office, and art supplies I have been hoarding, which is also one of my resolutions.  These cards are so old, I don't remember anything about the store that is on the price tag.  At first, I was mad that there are only 50 index cards in this set, and at 4 x 6, they are bigger than I expected.  But I realized I only need one today, and I can always buy more. And bigger gives me more chance to draw. 

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

If you make it through your first 50, then you DESERVE another set of cards. Good luck! (like the idea of a 100 project, too)

Tanya said...

And pretty soon you are going to want to put your doodling onto fabric!

June D said...

Pretty fun!

Another thing we have in common - collecting office supplies. I had my son give packets of index cards away as party favors and still have them. But mainly 3x5. Finding they are nice to use for shopping or to do lists - fit nicely in with the phone.

But your idea of using for a 100 day project is very nice!

: )
June

June D said...

I just checked and the index cards I picked up last month at rummage sale are 4x6's! It was an open pack that still looks pretty complete - Oxford brand - white Ruled on one side and blank on the other. I'll bring them for you with me to Ohio next week! : ) Will write email.

Kaja said...

I like this idea - good luck with it and I hope your cards are as interesting as your circles.