Quilts don't really talk to me, but sometimes describing the conversation helps explain the mood and feel of the quilt.
This quilt has always been unassuming and flexible. It made no demands and was willing to go along with the first thing I suggested.
I made some blocks (mistakes from the On Ringo Lake quilt), and when I decided to put them in the orphan box, there was nothing to compel me to do anything else. But, as I was taking the blocks upstairs to put them in the orphan blocks box, I spied the sashing fabric that would be adequate for the quilt. There was nothing compelling me to find the perfect fabric to match.
Then I laid the blocks aside, and while I was looking for fabric for some other quilt (or cleaning up the sewing room), I found the other sashing fabric. Same situation for the border fabric.
When I went to get the Droid quilt, this quilt was a stowaway, as it was sharing a hanger. It was more than happy to just wait until I got around to quilting it, but as I was looking for batting for the Droid quilt, the piece I picked up was the right size for this quilt, and the backing fabric was sitting on top of a pile. Again, it was perfectly adequate, and there was nothing compelling me to find a better backing. I am really happy with this fabric as the backing. It adds a fun touch.
The quilting was also easy. There was nothing compelling me to try hard, so I made the leaf shapes. I did practice feathers in the wide sashing. I was thinking of straight lines for the border, but am glad I decided to make hills instead. I decided to let this quilt keep things easy, and folded the backing to the front. I think the busy fabric keeps a casual look to the quilt.
“I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.”
― John Keats, Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne
15 Minutes to Stitch
I managed to stitch 15 minutes a day's worth this week on this quilt. I didn't do much stitching the previous week, and since I don't remember for sure, I will go ahead and call it 0. I just wasn't motivated to do much stitching last week.
15 Minute sessions of stitching this week: 7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 198 out of 245 sessions
Success rate: 80%
This makes my success rate at 80%. I'm hoping not to go below that, so hopefully I will continue the progress for the rest of the year.
15 Minutes to Stitch - Week 35
What I made Monday
Design Wall Monday
Main Crush Monday
Let's Bee Social