Saturday, January 1, 2022

2021 Annual Quilt Report

 


There are two posts today. The previous post shows all of the quilts I finished in 2021. 


 

This post shows charts and graphs. I keep a spreadsheet that lists the quilts I work on. I started showing the spreadsheet on my blog to document my year like an annual report.

Below is the list of 15 quilts that I started this year.



This report shows that I have started 160 quilts. I have created folders for each of these quilts so I can put all the WIP photos for the quilt to keep them more organized.

It also shows that I have given away 28.75% of my quilts and have finished 80% of the quilts I have started. My average time to finish a quilt is 327 days. A lot of the time is the time a quilt takes to marinate.

Besides the 11 that show as finished on this list, I also finished the Quote Quilt and the Blue Shirts quilt which were started before 2021.


This is where I record the totals for each year. You can see that in some years, like 1994, 2008, 2011 and 2020,  I had more finishes than starts. 

 Other years, the starts and finishes are the same, and most of them, I have more starts than finishes. I allow myself to just enjoy and start (and finish) as many quilts as I want.

 

 
Then I turn the yearly list into a line graph to make it easier to see visually. This one shows that the gap between starts and finishes is slowly getting wider. 
 
With the spreadsheet and annual reports, it feels like I should make goals and define how I should have better statistics. But this is for fun, not for work, and I will continue to have fun and just document what that looks like in charts and graphs.



This last graph shows that that my output has been increasing over the years. It also shows that 2021 was in the top 3 of both starts and finishes.. 

This is a reflection of a basketball net in a pool filled with leaves.


[I've been editing this post as the auditor finds changes that need to be made, so in the unlikely event you looked at this post more than once, the charts or stats may look slightly different.]




6 comments:

Kyle said...

I can't believe your have kept all of those mathematical records. It seems like a very positive way to see your progress and completions. You've had a couple of record setting years. 2021 was a good one too. We'll see what 2022 brings. Good things for sure.

Robin said...

I love stuff like this. I like to keep ongoing record of starts, progress, and finishes but I've never made the statistics into graphs. I'd have to make my graphs the old school way with paper and pencil. Thanks for sharing

Queeniepatch said...

Your documentation is impressive. The pictures show how different the quilts are and that you re very versatile. I am also happy to see you have names for most of your quilts. How do you find the names? What gives you the inspiration?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those graphs are so cool - and the stats!!!
What a cool way to *chart* your progress!!!

Kate said...

Love all your graphics and metrics. I have a similar set of graphs in my spreadsheet. You had a good year on the finishing front.

Rose said...

You are sure good at documenting what you do. I would hate to think what I have got started...of course a lot of those are full sized quilt tops that I made before I got my Juki 98Q. I have been wanting to get one of those out and pin baste it and quilt it this winter.