There are drawers in the desk where the sewing machine sits. These drawers store the supplies - threads, rotary cutter, mat, iron, and other things I need. I took inventory of what is in the drawers so I can declutter and organize.
I found two projects I had put away when there was room in the drawers.
I found Lansing Leaves and Elephant Parade. I put both of them in the
WIP drawers for now to see if I can make some progress on them. I might switch them out with other projects, depending on my whims.
For Lansing Leaves, there is the quilt square, some migrating geese units that is mean to be another border, and some fabric. There were no directions or notes, but I think I can figure out how to make the rest of the geese.
I think the reason this quilt got stalled is that the geese don't have a lot of contrast and I am not sure they make the quilt any better. My choices are:
- stick with the plan and finish the quilt
- quilt the square and save the geese for another quilt. They might work better as a background instead of a border
Now as I am typing, I think I could finish making the geese, attach them to the quilt and, if needed, attach a vine or something on top,
I don't want to spend a lot of time on this quilt. I will try to add some geese and see if I have enough fabric and can figure out what size to cut the triangles to continue.
All of the work on this quilt was done in 2014. You can read the whole story by reading all the Lansing Leaves posts here.