Friday, January 7, 2022

Filling the Work in Process Drawers

There are five drawers in my new WIP cabinet and I am trying to figure out what to put in them. In no particular order, but numbered for clarity, here is how they will be filled:




Drawer One will be for the current Work in Progress. Right now, it is the Postage Stamp quilt.

Drawer Two will be for the current Leader / Ender. Right now, it is the Dots and Dashes quilt. Even though this is the current Leader / Ender, I am using Postage Stamp quilt as a Leader / Ender while working on my mini quilt.

Drawer Three will be for the Current Mini of the Month. I rarely work on more than one of these at a time, and when I do, I think there is room in the drawer for more than one. This drawer will probably be empty most of the time, since the work will probably be on the table, but I have to leave it empty for when I have to clean up my space. The current Mini is Pink and Other Colors.

 

Drawer Four will be for the Beautiful World project. I haven't worked on it since March.  Is this the UFO drawer or the handwork drawer, I'm not sure. It will identify itself in time.

While it is tempting to find another project for Drawer Five, I am opting to leave it empty. It will help make sure I can truly convert my sewing room back into a living room without having to put anything out of sight and out of mind.


5 comments:

Robin said...

Nice work. You've really thought this all out well. Such a good idea to leave a drawer empty to quickly clean up your sewing in the living room. Although, if you're like me it won't remain empty for long. I've been working hard during this pandemic (when I'm home a lot) to get my UFOs made into tops. I think my sewing projects are finally down to an amount that would fit in your stack of drawers. It's a good feeling.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your snow on trees/plants photos. It is too cold for me to go out and take any photos. It was -5 this morning.

An empty drawer is always handy when you want to quickly clear your sewing table and can be emptied back out as soon as you are done with the current project.

Kyle said...

Sounds like everyone is in favor of one empty drawer, which can be very hard to do! I'm sure your plan will continue to evolve as the year progress.

Kate said...

Sounds like you've given this some thought on what makes sense and what would work best to keep you moving on projects. The nice thing is if what you've decided doesn't work, you can change it.

Rose said...

I so love those little ones! And of course, I love the postage stamp...who can not love them.