It's not called Drunkard's Path for nothing. The drunk took a long time to find his way home. Year's in fact. This quilt was started sometime in August of 2003. I don't know the exact date, but counting from August 1, it would be 5,960 days. I was using low volume backgrounds before the term "low volume" was coined.
I called it Drunkard's Garden then. It is a rectangular lap quilt, but not as rectangular as this picture shows.. It is rainy out so not a good day for a photo shoot, although it is better than yesterday when there were lots of shadows everywhere. The backing is blue, similar to, but not exactly the same as, the binding fabric.
I'll have to take it out for a walk and get more photos but I wanted to share this finish with you. It changes the quilt stats significantly. Before I enter the finish date on this quilt, I have finished 77.37% of my quilts, taking an average of 229 days to make a quilt. After I enter the finish date of this quilt, I have finished 78.10% of my quilts, taking an average of 282 days to make a quilt. The average number of days to make a quilt didn't increase as much as I thought it would. My small quick quilts this year and throughout the years helped a lot with this average.
I'm not sure what is next on the quilt list. I would love to work on quilting another top, but there are lots of scraps that need taming. I might do a little bit of both until one or the other takes over.
Off the Wall Friday
Finished or Not Friday