Monday, January 20, 2020

Weekly Recap


All of my stitching time this week has been spent making yo-yos and more yo-yos. This is one of those projects that because I need so many, I could easily divide it into chunks and maybe make a few a month until I get them done.

But I found that they are quite addictive and lots of fun to make. So addictive in fact that I spent more than the allotted 15 minutes. I might even be sad when I get to the end, but I know I still need to put them together.

Throughout the yo-yo making experience, I have enjoyed watching historical documentaries about the Crusades, the Mogul empire, the Black Death, and syphilis, as well as the usual crafty ones.




2020:  Week 3 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

I spent this week making  yo-yos for a yo-yo coverlet I am making to reproduce the one I saw in New Orleans. That one was all one color (cream).

15 minute days this week -- 7 out of 7 days
15 minute days this year -- 7 out of 19 days

 Success rate  = 100%

Linked with:
Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch 
What I Made on Monday

4 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! They are really piling up! I had planned to start putting some together this weekend but it didn't happen. Hopefully next weekend!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Looks like you are on a real roll. It will be fun to see how they look stitched together.

straythreads said...

wow all those yo-yos!! enjoyed purusing your blogand added you to my list. thanks for visiting mine and taking the time to comment. I have watched all the PBS episodes of Poldark and thoroughly enjoyed them. hope you are staying warm

Kate said...

It's so nice when you've got a fun project in the works and you don't notice the time fly. Congrats on all the stitching time last week. Hope this week is as good. Thank you for linking up with 15 minutes to stitch.