Saturday, January 20, 2018

My Quilt It Has Four Corners, Four Corners Has My Quilt

When I was making the Pointless Puddle, I had the quote from Whose Line is it Anyway? "Where everything's made up and the points don't matter"stuck in my head.

Look! I made four houses!

Now, as I am making progress on Ringo Lake, I have another quote stuck in my head. Way back in elementary school, I learned this song. My hat is has three corners, three corners has my hat. And had it not three corners, it would not be my hat. 


Now it's been adapted to: My quilt it has four corners
 Four corners has my quilt
And had it not four corners, it would not be my quilt.

It's almost a complete quilt! It just needs a set of sashing and some corner blocks!

Just kidding.  I've decided that I am going to make the quilt the same size as Bonnie's. I was originally trying to decide whether I needed to make it one row smaller to fit my bed.

Each of the blocks have a nine patch in the center.  Taking inventory, I see I have enough nine patch centers for the quilt.  I am just two flying geese short of having all the rows that have the nine patch in them done.  That row is joined with two other rows, like a bigger nine patch.  I have enough of those rows to add one row to each of the center rows.  I need to make more blocks to add the last row.

Having two rows done in each block makes me think I am about 2/3s done, but really it is closer to half since I don't have many sashings done, and haven't joined the blocks yet, and don't have many corner triangles. Okay it may be less than half but that is pretty good progress for this quilt with thousands of pieces in it.

3 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

I am LOVING this - the colors make my heart go pitter-patter!!!

Kaja said...

It's looking lovely. Isn't it funny how a song can sidle into your brain and stick there?

June D said...

Beautiful interpretation of the project. Bravo!